- Journal entries that correspond to thematic units or prompts
- Writing new endings to stories read at the teacher station or in self-selected reading.
- Making wordless books (pictures) to illustrate concepts or ideas discussed toactivate background knowledge for leveled readers or anthologies.
- Organizing lists of words found in previously read stories
- Writing stories to include certain lists or sets of words
Individualizing at the Writing Station
- Assigning students to writing assignments based on their level of ability and recommended minutes.