- Arrange students into appropriate small reading groups for teacher managed instruction based on each student’s individualized learning needs
- Select appropriate core and other curricula used to support small group instruction.
- Code vs. Meaning Focused Instruction
- Code = phonics, decoding activities
- Meaning = comprehension activities
- A2i also uses algorithms to deliver recommended learning activities that meet the minute requirements and match each student’s learning needs.
- Run lesson plan weekly to review system recommendations for small group instruction based on group mean reading scores.
- Manage each student’s learning plan to the recommended minutes and matching recommended practice activities by facilitating the activities the lesson plan recommends and updating the system to receive new, targeted recommendations each week.
- Review ongoing assessment scores to watch for growth and other indicators of adjustments needed to best accommodate each student’s learning needs.