- Writing sentences to express meaning of spelling words
- Illustrating spelling words
- Using spelling words in a story
- Matching words with definitions or pictures
- Underlining word segments in spelling words
- Organizing words by beginning, medial, or ending sound
- Putting words in alphabetical order
Individualizing at the Word Work Station
- Assigning students to spelling activities based on their recommended minutes from the Classroom View.
- Assign differential spelling words to groups, based on their code focused skills.